Friday 24 June 2016

KINDNESS PAYS


      Shila, a poor window, every day before starting her work at the spin-weel, said her morning prayer devoutly.  
    One day she read the prayer which exhorted the work of mercy and she took it to heart.                                 "My good lord " she exclaimed,
   "how can I do good to other? I have nothing but my spin wheel which earns hardly my daily bread. Winter is fast approaching and the cold here in my room freezes my finger that I can hardly spin. I have not paid all my rent and I have to beg myself."
     Still she thought there was surely something that she could do. She remembered then that a friend of hers was very sick in bed.
     "Today I'll go and pay her a visit," she said. "I can spin in her house and I shall certainly have a chance of giving her some comfort."
      She took two apples from the cupboard-two apples that had been given to her-and went on her way.
      When her sick friend saw her, she was overcome with joy. "My dear Shila." said, "I have recently inherited a small fortune. Would you like to stay here to nurse me? You would save the money that you pay in rent and with your spinning and my small inheritance, we could live without any worries."
      Shila accepted the offer very willingly and that same day she moved to her friends house where, for the first time after so long she was able to spend a restful night with no worries.

                            If you wish to learn a secret
                           Of joy and happiness,  
                           Just give to the less fortune
                           Some food or alms or dress.
   

     
                                                                                                                     
                       
                                                                                                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment

aPEX-cf Rich For Life