Friday 24 June 2016

THE RAIN

A businessman was returning home on horseback from the annual fair in a nearby city. He had quite a big sum of money with him. It was raining heavily and the poor man was wet to the skin. He was in a bad mood and grumbled that God had given him such terrible weather for his journey.
   He entered a thick forest. All of a sudden, to his horror, he found himself was already face to face with a bandit whose finger was already on the trigger of his gun. He would not have been saved from death, except for the fact that the rain had caused the powder to dampen and the gun was useless. The businessman spurred his horse and happily escape the danger.
     When he was out for danger he said to himself:
     "How stupid I was to moan about the bad weather,instead of accepting it patiently as a gift of God. If there had been a clear sky and the air dry and limpid, I would now be lying in a ditch covered in blood and vain would my children awaiting my arrival. The rain which I was read o bemoan saved my life and my riches."
           
                     Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
                     But trust Him for His grace;
                     Behind a flowing providence
                     He hides a smiling face

No comments:

Post a Comment

aPEX-cf Rich For Life